The BRICS “Independent Internet” Cable. In Defiance of the “US-Centric Internet”
BRICS Cable... a 34 000 km, 2 fibre pair, 12.8 Tbit/s capacity, fibre optic cable system
- For any global investor, there is no crisis – there is plenty of growth. It’s just not in the old world
- BRICS is ~45% of the world’s population and ~25% of the world’s GDP
- BRICS together create an economy the size of Italy every year... that’s the 8th largest economy in the world
- The BRICS presents profound opportunities in global geopolitics and commerce
- Links Russia, China, India, South Africa, Brazil – the BRICS economies – and the United States.
- Interconnect with regional and other continental cable systems in Asia, Africa and South America for improved global coverage
- Immediate access to 21 African countries and give those African countries access to the BRICS economies.
- Projected ready for service date is mid to second half of 2015.