Tuesday, 14 May 2013

SUKANT DEBATES SYRIA ON PRESS TV


Just a quick note to say that there was some serious problems in my ear piece with the audio, the sound was cutting in and out, therefore I could not catch every single word of what was being said, including that when Mr Kaplan brought up the picture of Leila Khaled. I thought it was a picture of Leila Khaled with President Assad, not realising it was a picture of Leila and I together (pictured below, taken in Aug 2008 in Beirut), therefore I wrongly stated that President Assad was a personal friend of Leila Khaled, to my knowledge  they are not personal friends. But as I did say and stand by positively, I do consider Leila Khaled to be a personal friend of mine, and I cherish that comradeship with one of the great strugglers who elevated our struggle for liberation in the period of the 1960s and 1970s. Also, one of the proudest period of my political life was co-founding the Che-Leila Youth Brigades in the early 2000s (logo below, and report here) - Sukant Chandan, Sons of Malcolm






No comments: