NEED FOR A NON-SECTARIAN NON-VIOLENT (But believing in self-defence) ANTi-IMPERIALIST, ANTI-WHITE SUPREMACIST UNITED MUSLIM, OR SHIA MUSLIM YOUTH MOVEMENT IN eNGLAND?
I am not a Shia or a Muslim, I dont pretend to know all the complexities of this community, however:
- considering the manner in which Shia are being hammered across the Muslim world (massacres in Iraq, Syria, esp Pakistan with no one batting an eye lid) and also the 'Arab spring' which has a major anti-Shia pro-empire/pro-gulfi counter-revolutionary orientation to it;
- considering many communities with heavy Muslim populations are dominated by pro-nato anti-shia Muslim groups; considering the anti-war *still* has pro-nato elements in the leadership; considering the leading revolutionary nature of Hizbullah and Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah as *the* non-state revolutionary independence movement in the region;
- considering Iran/Pres Ahmedinejad has some of the best GlobalSouth leadership; given that there is a sizeable militant Shia youth network in this country (as evidenced by the thousands who always turn up to Al-Quds Day annual march);
- considering that I myself know really solid politically competent reliable committed sophisticated Shia brothers and sisters and their Sunni allies;
- considering this and more, perhaps its time the boat was pushed out on this?
Maybe a new united Muslim radical youth movement which is initiated and led by radical Shia?
ALL our communities need initiatives, we need organisations for each community that then seek to unite in alliances with other communities, and also we need united movements that seek to uplift Black liberation and Black, Asian Original Peoples youth into organisations and leadership.
One very disconcerting thing I have observed since 2000 is the little amount of initiatives for our resistant-oppressed youth and communities; since 2000 there has been no organisations that have lasted and grown etc. Nonetheless, our youth have spontaneously fought time and time again (see my 'riots' analysis article http://tiny.cc/owcdkw ), most evidently in Bradford,Burnley,Oldham in summer 2000, also the way our BLACK AND ASIAN working class youth gave the anti-war movement pro-Palestine and student anti-fees pro-EMA movement a massive and strategic boost and also their resistance in battering the EDL to a positive stalemate. But WE NEED decent initiatives.
The ones I have seen in the last ten years or so that had some limited success but didnt have continuity for many reasons are Che-Leila/Che-Leila Youth Brigades (2001-2004), The Equality Movement (2011), there was also Globalise the Intifada (2001-2004).
I am always here to assist in anyone wanting to set things up, but communities themselves have to take the initiative and leadership, we can only speak and struggle for ourselves, no one else will do this.