Thursday, 5 April 2012

PALESTINIAN REVOLUTIONARY THINKER ON QAEDA-uSA NEXUS IN SYRIA



Am writing an article on Mehdi Hassan's rather bizarre article in the Guardian on "Britishness" and "foreigners" and was doing a quick google search about something and was pleasantly surprised to see a Russia Today interview on Syria with Dr Adel Samara.

I have not met Dr Samara face to face but close brothers of mine spent some time with him in the West Bank, occupied Palestine, in the early 2000s and I subsequently read all the pamphlets written by him that they brought back with them and was in touch with him over email in the subsequent years.

Dr Samara was one of the first writers who helped to clarify in my mind what was the basis for the rise of Gulf-promoted Political Islam in the region in the period following the collapse of the Eastern Bloc.

I wish Dr Samara the very best and look forward to returning to the West Bank to meet him, its been a long time since I was there in March 2002. In the meantime, I hope he will be on the news a lot more.

Sukant Chandan, Sons of Malcolm

No comments: