Monday, 20 July 2009

FORMER MISS ENGLAND DENOUNCES MISS ENGLAND COMPETITION


The Sauce

A former winner of the Miss England competition has condemned the pageant as "the worst experience of my life".

Eleanor Mary Anne Glynn, 23, from Oxford, won the national beauty contest in 2006 and went on to represent England at Miss World in Poland.

While still holding the title of Miss England she campaigned to end size zero at London Fashion Week - and has now attacked the contest.

She said: "I very much got dragged into it [because I was] young and naive.The organisers know this will happen.

"My family forked out god knows how much over the year. And I got in a huge amount of debt - money which slithers into the owners nice warm pockets by exploiting young women.

"[This was] the worst experience of my life [and I] bloody hated it - and that's not because I didn't win. In fact I'm glad I didn't. Unfortunately you're programmed to tell the world how great it is."

She wrote on a Facebook group: 'So now I'm off to Uni to progress with my real career. I plan to stay as far away from the competitions as possible and continue with my studies.

'They wont be duping me again. And I wouldn't advise anyone to enter one or let them use my name to front one.'

Hundreds of feminists are expected to protest at the Miss England at the Hilton Hotel on London's Edgware Road today.

No comments: